It has happened to all of us at one time or another..... that song that gets stuck in your head. Most mornings I wake up with a song playing in my head. There is no rhyme or reason for them. It isn't as if I heard them playing on the radio or otherwise and usually they are quite obscure and not something you would hear on the radio or mainstream media. I have no idea where they come from, but I am grateful for them. Usually I will search for the song on Spotify or YouTube or my private music library and listen to that song to satisfy my soul. I figure that my soul must be craving that song the same way we crave food. The best way to calm the craving is to give in to what it is asking for.
I consider these "songs in my head" blessings and gifts from a higher Source. Sometimes I view them as soundtracks to my life, as they play quietly in my mind where I am the only audience.
I would like to think that this happens to everyone, but I am pretty certain that it doesn't occur with such frequency for most folks, as it is a daily thing for me. I can always count on the music playing upon waking every morning.
It is definitely the best medicine for the soul, as all art is. Most of us can agree with that. It has been said that music is the universal language, as well as love. I only hope that the music never stops playing and that I go to my grave with the music playing.



No comments:
Post a Comment