Summertime has officially arrived and the living is groovy and super easy! It has been a painful first half of the year, with many losses and changes. So, NOW seems like the perfect time to pick up my paint brushes and paint some new stuff. As you may or may not know, I have pulled in all of my art. Taken down all of my Coloring Book displays and pulled the books off of etsy, etc. The last show that I did was last fall at Green, in Tempe. I wasn't clear why I felt the strong pull or need to pull back on everything and take a break, but the months following made sense of everything. This is exactly why I listen to my intuition. It never fails me.
~ So, now, the time is here and I am painting again and feeling so high on art and life, once again. Almost as if I am flying a few thousand feet higher this time around. Taking necessary breaks, listening to your inner voice and honoring your higher calling are all things that have proved to be important.
I am taking myself on a Summer of Love ~ Art Tour~ the Journey Back to My Higher Self. You are welcome to join me as the journey starts today.
I am only down to details and outlining on the painting that I have been working on today. Sometimes my paintings are like little vision boards. With summers arrival, I have had visions of hanging out at a cabin in the woods (by the lake). So, I painted it. Then I began to think about the reality of obtaining one. That is how it all begins, I suppose. One thought leads to another. Regardless of the outcome of buying a real cabin in the woods, by the lake, the best part is the experience of the dreams that I had while I was painting the picture. The places my paintings take me sometime surprise me and most always delight me.
Painting is the road to my higher self and is outlined by my dreams. The only limits that are in place are the ones that I put there. So, it is helpful for me to be able to see through my art, where I am limiting myself. In the quiet world of my mind it enables me to work through problems and seek solutions that are not visible in everyday reality. Dreams become reality under the simple stroke of a brush and colors can be whatever fancies my mood. Everything is possible through creativity. Even the harshest realities can be softened and lightened with a creative spin.
Where I generally used to let my real life lead the way into my art, I am doing it in the opposite direction this time around. I am curious to find out what will happen when my art leads the way into my daily life. So far, I know that it is definitely the scenic route and has already taken me off of the main highways and paved roads into places where there has been no foot traffic at all.
The more I immerse myself into my art and paintings the calmer my mind is and the more fulfilled my soul becomes.
This is already a great summer! I will keep you updated and hope that you are taking your own journey to your higher self through art.
The summer of LOVE, indeed!
Happy creating! And follow your art!
~ Peace ~ Love ~ Dove ~ Summer ~


No comments:
Post a Comment