WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES
Another 365 daze have flown by and I have no desire to look back. Everything is changing and the time flies too quickly to hold onto any one thing for too long. Keeping my face to the sun, I move forward and open myself to all that is coming. I think that I am learning to fly (again).
The winter solstice was brought in by a tradition of women who gathered around the hearth in rituals that have preceded us by thousands of years. The winter solstice coincided with the new moon therefore, it was the perfect afternoon into the evening to gather around the fire to burn our intentions and practice rituals of Yule.
We shared stories, ate winter foods and warm, wintry drinks, as well as read a Yule prayer and exchanged a few small gifts. It was truly magical.
Due to restrictions on my time and attention as a caregiver, it was a miracle in itself that I was able to attend. My daughter was there, too and that made it all the more special.
I am forever grateful to my wild woman sisterhood for constant love and support and especially for endless hours of laughter. I am thankful for this circle of friends being at arm's reach, as we are mostly all neighbors.
So, here's a toast to all that was shared and learned in 2014 and hope that the coming year will be more magical, abundant with art, love, magical moments, miracles, health, wealth peace and happiness for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment