Saturday evening we were graced with a wonderful meteor shower. Shooting stars and flashes of light were our entertainment as we stargazed through our glazed over eyes. I recall a friendly competition taking place, as to who was the best star gazer ever!
The Stairway to Heaven, as I call it, that leads to the Sky Suite, above. The Sky Suite balcony is some kind of vortex for fun and extreme laughter and hilarious occurrences. Day or night, it is where all of the cool kids hang out.
Here are some of the paintings created under the vaults on Saturday afternoon and Sunday by the beautiful women who attended ~
created by Gemma Manzo
Denise Clayton works on her second piece of the women of the four seasons
Michelle Lee Burton is working on this beautiful, vibrant piece of her heart
Patti Stanley, our morning meditation guide, massage therapist, intuitive healer and medium ~ Whoa! Look at all of those spirit orbs around her! And, let me tell you, the spirit world was very much alive and at play up there, last weekend! Beauty, Laughter and Magic everywhere. Deep connections were made and for that weekend we were family. Many of these friendships made will, no doubt, form into a lasting extended family. I really love connecting with people on a creative level. It is healthy, healing and joyous.
Mandi Richardson started this gorgeous cactus painting, I LOVE that they were given the supplies to finish and continue painting when they were at home again. I would say that it was more about trying your hand at it and playing with the paint on canvas than it was about finishing them. ~ Poor Mandi, had a common, high desert allergy attack on the first day and had to miss out on some time painting until later. I hope to see a finished photo of this one, she planned on adding dark blues and greens.
This is a painting that I took with me to touch up and finish. It is called "The New Old West". I am inspired to do a series of cowboys/girls/gypsies and Indians. So, this one led the way for my next painting.The food, made by Denise Clayton and the music provided by Duo Vibrato (classical guitar and violin) were both delicious and classy. This topped off our weekend on Sunday night, beginning before sunset, so we could all watch the sun fall from the top of the vaults. And when the moon rose and the stars came out, it was time to light a fire on that chilly night to keep it warm on the rooftop patio.
Goodnight, sun and to this sacred place in the high desert of northern Arizona. Until the next hippie trip, I will always be dreaming of Arcosanti.
Love the orbs surrounding Patti. It was a seriously a great retreat. I work well in free flowing environment, glad it wasn't too structured. I would do this again.
ReplyDelete