Sunday, September 22, 2013

AH! SWEET AUTUMN ~

AH! My favorite season has arrived! Autumn wears my favorite colors. She always dresses in oranges, browns, reds and golds. I wait every year for her return and am always sad to see her leave.

After living through the heat of the summer, this time of year is always welcome! By August we are singing songs of woe and weariness as the heat and humidity have taken their toll on us desert dwellers. Autumn is  our first sign of relief.

This past summer had me recovering and resting after a major surgery in July and I just cannot seem to get my umph back. The day that Fall came (yesterday), I became so full of energy, you would have thought that I had been saving energy for cooler days and nights, like squirrels gather acorns for the winter. It just came flooding through me with a powerful push of creativity behind it. I finally have the energy to tackle some projects that I had been waiting to do. I tore into a spare bedroom and began painting like crazy. The walls, furniture, and whatever else got in the path of my brush! It is definitely time for a new scene and time for all things new.

I began by painting out all of the things that I had written and painted on my walls. This room used to be my studio, so there was a lot of crazy fun things to cover!

Goodbye sun.




See you later blue lady.



With this new paint job, I want to paint everything one color although, I doubt that will happen. I am going from multi colored grooviness to a "blush" or very light pink color. I cannot wait to decorate it in shabby chic fashion and have a beautiful guest bedroom that feel light and relaxing and airy. 

Being an artist comes with having to use a lot of restraint when it comes time to make choices for flooring. My mind immediately wants to paint the floor or do something entirely different and thrifty. However, what would be entirely different for me would be to do something "normal"! So, I have chosen hardwood flooring that will be put down after all the painting is over. I am excited to see what it feels like to have something "normal" going on in my home! lol

This ought to be a trip! I will update here with the finished product. Although, I am in no big hurry to finish, as I am fitting this home project in between art deadlines, as usual. However, I am giving a big shout out to Autumn for bringing her usual remedies for sluggishness and summer blues.

Sometimes I truly wish that it were Forever Autumn ~



No comments:

Post a Comment