I just hit the eight year mark since my brain surgeries. That is a pretty big deal for me. Especially having to learn how to walk again and all of the therapy to regain basic function that I went through following the ordeal. I am feeling and functioning better than I have within the past eight years and am grateful for every single day. I am surprised at how much I took for granted and didn't even realize it.
I still do not drive, due to the "dancing eyes" ~ and, yes, that is a "real thing"! Look it up! I had never heard of it before I was forced to find out through personal experience. Although, I have taken some short trips within my neighborhood when I absolutely had to. I do not make a practice of it for the sake of others, as well as, myself.
The one thing that I truly miss the most is how prolific I once was when it came to creating paintings. That has been the biggest disappointment. I am happy that I am still able to paint. It just takes me a little longer now than it did before. Because my eyes are always dancing, I tire from trying to stay focused. At any rate, it is a small price to pay for being alive!
Life for me is very different than before the brain bleed. In many, many ways it is much better.
Everything in life is constantly changing and it is easier than ever to go with the flow after the experiences that I have had and the lessons that I have learned along the way.
Celebrate being alive today!


Awesome for you Tracy that you have healed so well. I can relate to your story because my husband had a head injury, and he had to relearn many functions, and still has memory loss. The brain takes its own sweet time to heal, but hooray it can! And your art IS awesome. I LOVE LOVE that tree of life above!
ReplyDelete