Life has been rolling by so quickly and all things come full circle eventually. Everything that couldn't happen fast enough has come and gone and I am finding my way back to myself again. I have been living in a category five shit storm for four plus years and it seems to have passed. As I crawl out from under the debris of my life that had been blown apart, I am finding many treasures that were misplaced before the storm hit.
We lost my dad four years ago, tomorrow. Then, my precious sister passed away suddenly almost two years ago. My beloved mother kept us busy with her grief and changing health, which was the most horrific time of our lives. She finally agreed to be placed in an assisted living facility over a month ago and she could not be happier or doing better. Which, of course, has taken a lot of pressure off of those of us who have been caring for her, as well as, the rest of the family who live far away and love her. No one was exempt of the pain and anguish of experiencing her mental and emotional decline. Now, that she is safe and happy, we have begun to return to the lives that we had once lost. Everything seems new and a whole world of options have opened up that we never could have imagined. ~ All good things.
I have begun to paint and create again. We took a family trip. Our home has begun to undergo the repairs it has needed, repairs that we didn't have time for prior to now. We are beginning and completing projects again...something that we never could be assured of starting or finishing before, due to constant interruptions. Just cleaning out a closet has become one of my greater joys! I have taken in a wonderful concert with V.I.P. treatment.....mid week! (Janis Ian) (That was not possible before now.) I am able to spend the nights in my own bed again and do not have to juggle a schedule staying with my mom when my daughter could not. There are so may small things that I have recognized as being more meaningful than I knew before now.
My hubby and I took a wonderful, four day trip to Williams, Az and the surrounding area, for a family reunion and had a magnificent time. It felt so good to be on the road again, surrounded by family who we love and go on some magical adventures together. We divided our trip into several mini day trips to Flagstaff, Sedona and a few other places. The nature hikes were the most satisfying, along with a walking trip through Flagstaff, shopping and dining..... meeting some really nice folks along our way.
It is good to be able to draw on our adventures and pull great memories out for inspiration. I was, of course, most interested in the public art and murals that we found in Williams and Flagstaff.
We even met a few characters. And, yes, Elvis is alive and well in Williams!
Being with family was the highlight and I can't wait to do it all again next year. Who knows what location we will gather in, but it is always someplace nice and surrounded by woodsy nature. One thing I know for sure is that after the fun and adventure is over it is always good to be home again.


No comments:
Post a Comment