What followed that, I could have never imagined. After a life changing health crisis that resulted in two life saving brain surgeries in 2006, I found myself going through a long recovery. The only art that I was able to return to initially, was drawing. So, I drew! I drew page after page of images and positive affirmations to aid in my personal healing process. Over time I compiled all of the pages to create, "I Am Healthy/I Am Well". The response was all positive. People began purchasing them for friends and family who were going through a difficult time, health-wise. That is when I discovered that these books were HELPING people! Not just by the art or the messages but, the act of coloring had proved to have a huge impact on folks in various positive ways. The feedback was, and continues to be, overwhelmingly positive.
I continued to draw and create coloring books for adults (appropriate for children, as well). There are now ten books available to date, with more on the drawing board.
I began selling them on-line, in galleries, book stores, boutiques and shops throughout the country, as well as, Australia and Japan. I also placed a display in Green ~ a local vegatarian restaurant in Tempe, Az. , where they flew off of the shelves. Eventually, they became so popular that I could no longer keep up with the demand. I wanted to return to painting so I shut down the book production.
As fate would have it. A very groovy, hippie woman who was a collector of my paintings and had a successful retail business of her own selling hippie merchandise, Kendra Jones, contacted me asking if she could help me make and sell the books so they could be available again. After a lot of good times talking art business, coloring books, mutual friend connections, life in general and accompanied by so much laughter. We clicked and we decided to join forces to create Dove Studio Coloring Books. Since that connection, we have moved forward to places that I didn't dream of going to before. Kendra is the driving force of the business and she is a Godsend. Her marketing skills exceed any expectation that I may have had. Her ideas and dreamy, hippie lifestyle have led to a perfect union. We are in process of having a new website constructed. In the meantime, we are directing all traffic to our etsy shop.~ www.ColoringVibes.comhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/ColoringVibes The website is coming SOON!
The books are all in the process of getting their own bar codes, colored covers, professionally bound and published.
This is a very exciting time for us as we venture into the world of coloring vibes. Currently, there is a trend of adults coloring for stress reduction, health and happiness and a plethora of reasons why people are flocking to buy colored pencils, pens and markers, crayons and watercolors and coloring books. The favorite time of my life as a young child, is coming to life again! Everything eventually comes full circle, I am discovering.
What makes our books different are that they are all hand drawn vs. graphic or digital, they are printed and bound by hand with spiral binding. They are printed on 110 lb paper that can manage almost any kind of medium without bleeding through onto the other side. And, most of all, they are made with an abundance of LOVE.
The new, colored cover for the "Dia de los Muertos" coloring book is in the process of making the transition from handmade and hand bound to professionally bound, bar coded, printed on single sides so they can be removed from the book and framed, etc. after they are colored. Here is a sneak peek at the new cover ~
Next in line is The Flower Children coloring book. Here is a little preview of the new cover:
Here is the list of books that are currently available. All of them are in the original, black and white, hand bound format. Get them while supplies last and before the switch is made!
Coloring Book For Flower Children of All Ages ~
Embrace your inner child with this hand drawn and bound coloring book full of whimsical pages to set your mind and spirit free! A one of a kind coloring book, jam~packed with unique art and liberating messages representative of "free spirited, bohemian lifestyles" ~ fun for all ages!
Dia de los Muertos ~ (Day of the Dead)
A terrific opportunity for your family to honor your dearly departed ancestors with this festive Day of the Dead Coloring Book. Allow your imagination to go wild as you bring life to enigmatic imagery and celebrate this beautiful tradition of Dia de los Muertos.
In The Kitchen ~
Create your own colorful masterpiece with this fabulous In The Kitchen Coloring Book with yummy recipes and inspiring kitchen ideas. Pour in your own dazzling ingredients as you blend up deliciously, delightful designs to decorate your groovy dwelling.
I Am Healthy/I Am Well ~
Enjoy coloring these beautiful drawings with positive affirmations to help heal the body, mind and soul. Support optimum health, vitality and a vibrant well being by channeling your creativity into a perfectly positive and prolific project. Art is an excellent therapeutic activity!
Goddess ~
Celebrate the divine feminine with this lovely Goddess Coloring Book. Delightfully engaging for Goddesses of all ages! Express your true colors as you soulfully fill the pages and empower your creative feminine energy, personal truth and inner beauty
The new, colored cover of the Goddess book will look like this ~
In The Garden ~
The garden book is full of blissful gardening images that promote growing your own food, making magical compost, supporting local farmer's markets and being in tune with nature!
Home Is Where The Heart Goes ~
This book is for the traveler's soul and the young at heart. Take a journey to magical places as you color yourself into a joyful adventure on VW buses, hippie buses, gypsy wagons and more!
Mandalas ~
These magnificent mandalas are drawn in Tracy Dove's unique style and quirky fashion. Just as nature, the imperfect design is sincere, sacred and sometimes slightly silly. Honor your own imperfections and take some time for self reflection as you mindfully meditate upon these awe inspiring illustrations.
Woman Power ~ coloring book and journal ~
Woman Power is a coloring book drawn in the spirit of sisterhood and honors women, past and present. Every other page is a space for your own personal thoughts, ideas, inspirations, drawings, etc. This book also serves as a journal.
Psychedelic ~
Take a Magical Mystery Tour into the depths of your soul with this kaleidoscope collection of mind blowing illustrations. Expand your consciousness and unleash your untamed imagination to experiment with creating extraordinary masterpieces in full technicolor glory!
Much gratitude for the grown ups who are coming out of the closets and are openly coloring now! And for all of the folks who are rediscovering one of the oldest forms of creativity and artistic expression.
Studies have proven that just the smell of crayons alone, lowers blood pressure and reduces stress. And that the act of coloring reduces stress and has many health benefits, soothes the spirit and unleashes the imagination.
If you haven't jumped onto this latest trend yet, now is the time to revisit your childhood and experience the simple things of days gone by.
~ COLOR IS A BEAUTIFUL THING ~















Hi Tracy. These are awesome! I saw an ad on tv last week for adult coloring books. One of those "as seen on tv" ads. Wonder if it is yours. Good luck with it. :)
ReplyDelete