Monday, April 21, 2014

STILT WALKERS, FIRE DANCERS AND ART.... OH MY!

What a wonderful night spent at The FireHouse Gallery last Saturday night! My assistant put my Coloring Books in the Toy Art Show and I am so happy for many reasons. I missed the artist's reception the week prior and opted for the performance instead. When time is at a premium you have to choose the events wisely and this was a wise decision. The FireHouse Gallery is a relaxed environment with really cool local artists who participate regularly. I will be sure to get my paintings into some future shows. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy the show, I also made some great connections with a few local artists whose works I admire.

There were stilt walkers, fire dancers, poetry, lighted (led) hula hoopers, face painting, singers, a puppet show, jugglers and to top it all off..... stilt walking, juggling fire dancers! And ART! Lots of ART! 

They have a retail area in the gallery that extends beyond paintings and sculptures. I came home with a print and a card. It always is a good feeling to not only buy something that I love, but even more importantly, support local artists.
                          My new and favorite print by Meghan O'Connell





A great night was had by all.
Keep your eyes opened for future shows. You will not be disappointed. They are located at: 1015 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ 85004

(602) 300-7575


                                      Angels in the back entrance



                                    Outdoors in perfect weather


No comments:

Post a Comment